Thursday 29 April 2010

A Cedar City visit

Anne & Gundy stopped by Huntsman-Intermountain Cancer Center to talk with some of the folks there. The Spectrum, the local paper, reported on it:
In Cedar City, she spoke with patient Marci Rowley, who has been undergoing treatment for nine months at VVMC.

"I don't know the difference between someone who is going downhill from someone who is going uphill," Rowley said about the cancer, close to tears and touching Feeley's hair. "Sometimes I think I'd like to be hit and not know what hit me."

Feeley spoke about her dog, Walter, who is on the bike tour with them, and how she and Rowley have that love in common.

She joked with Rowley about hating wigs and speaking candidly of her mission to get more research for people like them.

"I needed this. I needed you today," Rowley said, thanking Feeley and hugging everyone in the room before heading to treatment for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, you are an inspiration to me and my family. My father, a recreational cyclist himself also in Northern California, was diagnosed late last month with a grade 4 GBM. It has changed our lives. It is incredibly comforting to see you out there, fighting for awareness all while showing my family that there is hope that my dad can get back on his bike too. Keep up the amazing ride, you have many people rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete