Thursday 17 June 2010

Back in the Saddle Again



I haven't moved much the last week. A little walking, a little shopping and a lot of eating and hanging out with family. Ideally I would have liked to begin the day before yesterday but the RV front window caught a rock falling from a big truck and was cracked. It took a bit of time to get done and that is why today is our first day back in the saddle.
I woke up this morning after a classsic performance anxiety dream and was nervous on route to our starting point. All cobwebs were swept away after the first hour. We did 66 miles and I am a bit sad we'll be done in a month.





Gu introduced me to a gentleman who works where we are staying tonight whose wife died from brain cancer. He loved her so much and still needs to sob as he described her final months. I so understand. Oftentimes it is harder on the people that care. They can not fix it and they can't take away the pain. Three cheers to all the caretakers who carry their burden with great love.
Thanks so much, Anne

1 comment: