Monday 28 March 2011

The Marsden March

A big thanks to my family and friends for doing the 14 mile Marden March. Because of my ankle injury, I was chief cheerleader and banana and water carrier. I only walked the bit of the route that went past where I lived for nine months during treatment and where I had treatment. The day before I was sent a moving film that reminded me of the molded mask that bolted my head to the radiation table. I had to talk myself into not freaking out every day. So for me the Marsden March was revisiting my past.
And thanks to Jonathan, Lois, Sade, Patrick, Jason, Alix, Chris, Mike, Enery, Ketty, Gundula, Kashia and Frank the trip was a celebration too! I am so lucky to have you all as more than supporters, more like co-warriors in the fight against brain cancer.
Anne

1 comment:

  1. The thought of you and that mask/radiation treatment spurred me on for the last couple of miles. I just kept thinking...if she could do that I can walk a few more miles. It was an honor to be part of the day. Love and hugs, Mom/Lois

    ReplyDelete