Monday 6 June 2011

Behind the Curtain

I haven't been blogging for a while but this week I am strong and fit for a return to life and serious training. Health concerns plagued me the last few months and I didn't want to waste your time with my whining and whinging. The ankle fracture and torn ligaments are finally healed. I was also stuggling at getting to the gym and was tired all the time and steadily gaining weight. Overnight, it seemed(actually two months), I had become a lazy bum. I took myself to my gp and discovered my thyroid wasn't working. It was so simple to fix. Within a month of starting synthroid I feel well and comfortable in myself again. What I learned is when I have a genuine and general unease, stop blaming myself and get myself to a doctor.
Having brain cancer should mean no other health isssues. But it doesn't work that way. Damn and double damn.
The doctor was lovely when he told me about the thyroid. He said: You will like this because it's so easy to fix. He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment