Sunday 18 September 2011

It Can't Get Much Worse.

I had imagined my first day at rowing camp this year to be a triumph - my progress would stun the coaches. It ain't what happened. I got into a single and I was very unsteady. I felt very ill at ease but I managed to (sort of) move the boat when a rower passing my by told me the problem. It was a simple matter of moving the feet slide from one end to the other but it had rocked my confidence and I couldn't get it back. I was angry that I didn't think to check the gear and I was embarrassed at my poor performance. Though I did learn how to change the slide while I was in the boat and I did learn to check that any boat that I use is properly rigged for me. I guess I'll do better tomorrow because it will be hard to be worse than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment